2009/06/13

SHE_or 10,000 Birds Die Each Year From Smashing Into Windows







10,000 Birds Die Each Year From Smashing Into Windows.

I am the bird.
I fly into glass all the time.

I am wrong to think there is no glass, no barriers.
I close my eyes
And need to rest.

I only see free.
And worms.

Didn’t see it coming.
Am I a fool or is the glass no barrier at all but presentiment
Of my soul.

Oh, God it hurts to think I
Entered the wrong way.
And met the wrong fates.
Afraid to jump into your arms.
Afraid to spread my own.
Eyes clasping reality.
But my heart soars without sturdy caution.
I, too, fly. Am bird.

j. sigunick March, 2009

"She" was installed on the campus of SUNY Ulster, May 18th - an invitational: STEPPING OUTdoors2. Other artists include Martin Olstad, Woody Pirtle, Tim Rowan and Ed Smith. Opening reception is at the Stone Ridge Campus on September 11th, 2009.

No comments:

Art Matters


artist: Judy Sigunick

Ceramic African Elephant

Blog Archive

Sculpture

My photo
Cragsmoor, New York, United States
Art Studio Developments